Last year in brief 2016
In 2016, the Group’s 41,000 employees delivered strong results while building for a better society. Performance was driven by all-time high earnings in the Residential Development and Commercial Property Development business streams, together with the divestment of an Infrastructure Development project. The Construction stream did not meet its operating margin target, but reached an all-time high order backlog. Skanska ended the year with a robust financial position.
Order bookings amounted to SEK 170.2 billion. The major
– LaGuardia Airport Central Terminal in New York, USA
– European Spallation Source in Lund, Sweden
All-time high order backlog, SEK 196.3 billion.
The operating margin in the stream was 2.6 percent:
– Strong performance in Sweden and USA Building
– Weak performance in USA Civil and Poland
– Stable in all other units
- Continued improved performance with an all-time high in operating income, SEK 1,605 M, and clearly met return targets.
- The number of homes sold and started totaled 4,603 and 4,848, respectively.
- BoKlok, the affordable homes business, continued to deliver great returns.
Commercial Property Development
- A new all-time high in divestment gains at SEK 3.1 billion.
- The number of ongoing property projects was 47 at the end of the year, corresponding to an investment value upon completion of SEK 20.3 billion.
- 26 projects started across all geographies: the U.S., Central Europe and Nordics.
- Operating income totaled SEK 1.8 billion.
- The investment in the M25 motorway was divested for SEK 3.1 billion.
- Financial close reached on the LaGuardia Airport project in New York, USA.
- Net present value of projects is SEK 4.3 billion.