Our Business Plan 2016-2020, Profit with Purpose, outlines the strategic direction that will take Skanska to the next level. The aim is to increase shareholder value and at the same time make an even greater contribution to developing communities in the home markets. Working towards a sustainable future for employees, customers and communities creates Profit with Purpose.
Generating value for shareholders
We must create shareholder value in a responsible way and contribute to society at large. Given the business we are in and our size of our operations, we can have a considerable and positive impact on society as part of our profitable business. It is not about doing one or the other; it is about doing both at the same time. Profit is needed to deliver on Purpose; and a strong Purpose will contribute to our Profit.
Generating value for shareholders and delivering an industry-leading total return to the shareholders will continue to be Skanska's stated aim. A strong focus on profitability is combined with controlled growth. This will result in a stable, long-term earnings trend and provide the cash flow necessary for an attractive dividend.
To achieve this, there will be a greater focus on:
- Great People: To remain successful we need to offer a place to work with dedicated colleagues in an open and high-performance culture with sound values. A company that fosters collaboration and development, an organization where very employee has a strong passion to deliver results and contribute to Profit with Purpose.
- Market Making: We will strive to engage in a structured and enhanced long-term collaboration with our customers, as well as our suppliers and subcontractors. A collaboration based on a close dialog, common vision and trust.
- Operational Excellence: Continuous improvement is required if we are to strengthen our results and operations efficiency. This is true in all parts of the process - from risk assessment and tendering to planning and execution. Increased digitalization and automation as well as a careful review of resource consumption are important aspects of reducing implementation costs.
Our aspirations for 2020
- Industry-leading total shareholder return
- Balanced value creation between Construction and Project Development
- Recognized as a preferred partner when it comes to creating solutions that meet customers' needs
- Living our values and recognized as a value-driven company building for a better society
- An injury-free and ethical environment
- The most attractive employer in our industry
- Cooperation within and between units and business streams as One Skanska in high-performing teams
- Improved operational efficiency