Skanska aims to be a financial and qualitative leader. Our financial targets reflect the ambition to exceed the industry norm. In addition to the financial targets – and as a means to reach them – we have qualitative targets, based on our five zeros vision.
Skanska's overall goal is to generate customer and shareholder value. Projects are the core of Group operations, and value is generated in well-implemented and profitable projects.
Skanska will strive to be a leader, in terms of size and profitability, within its segments in the home markets of its construction business units, focusing on "Outperform" margins and cash flow.
Skanska shall be a leading project developer in local markets and in selected product areas such as residential, office, retail and selected types of infrastructure development projects.
Skanska's strategy for achieving the targets
- To focus on core businesses in construction and development
- To be an international company, with a leading position in selected home markets
- To take advantage of the Group’s collective resources – brand, employee expertise and financial strength
- To foresee and systematically manage risk
- To enhance green expertise throughout our operations
- To be an industry leader in green building and sustainability, particularly in occupational health and safety, ethics and environment
- To recruit, develop and retain competent employees and to achieve a greater diversity
- To capitalize on urbanization trends
In each of our geographic markets and specific segments, we have established what we call outperform targets. For more information, see Financial and qualitative targets.
Skanska's five zeros vision
The qualitative targets are expressed in Skanska's five zeros vision:
- Zero loss-making projects. Loss makers destroy profitability and customer relationships
- Zero accidents, whereby the safety of our personnel as well as subcontractors, suppliers and general public is ensured at and around our projects
- Zero environmental incidents, by which our projects should be executed in a manner that minimizes environmental impact
- Zero ethical breaches, meaning that we take a zero tolerance approach to any form of bribery or corruption
- Zero defects, with the double aim of improving the bottom line and increasing customer satisfaction
The qualitative targets, as expressed in the five zeros, reflect our core values. The five zeros as well as the outperform financial targets also provide the basis for incentive systems at various levels within Skanska.