Skanska in brief
Skanska is one of the world's leading construction and project development companies, focused on selected home markets in the Nordic region, Europe and USA.
- Founded: 1887
- Geographic markets in: the Nordic region, Europe and USA
- Operations: Construction and Project development, including Residential Development and Commercial Property Development
- Employees: about 38,000 (2018)
- CEO: Anders Danielsson
- Largest shareholders: Industrivärden AB, Lundberg Group, Alecta
- Share listed: NASDAQ Stockholm
Skanska in figures
|Key figures (2018)|
|Revenue||SEK Bn 171|
|Operating income||SEK Bn 4.8|
|Income after financial items||SEK Bn 4.9|
|Earnings per share*||SEK 11.17|
|Return on equity||14.1 %|
|Order bookings||SEK Bn 151.7|
|Order backlog||SEK Bn 192.0|
|Employees number||about 38,000|
Revenue, SEK 171 bn in 2018
Operating income, SEK 4.8 bn in 2018
By business stream, %1
The Skanska Purpose – to build for a better society – sets out the direction in which the Group is heading. The Purpose reflects the company's role in society, a position that enables Skanska to create shareholder value.
Skanska provides innovative and sustainable solutions to create a sustainable future for its people, customers and communities. This is reinforced by a continued commitment to Safety, Ethics, Green, Community Investment as well as Diversity and Inclusion. All topics relate to our core business and expertise, and have an impact on our surroundings.
Values serve as a moral foundation for the company. Clearly articulated values are proactive and aspirational, and guard and continue to build Skanska's culture – a culture that is vital to the Group's continued success.
Our Skanska values are:
Care for Life
We care for life of people and the environment. We work safely, or not at all. We never walk by if we notice unsafe actions. We support health and well-being. We promote green solutions and conduct our operations in a green way. We are accountable to future generations.
Act Ethically and Transparently
We do business with a high degree of integrity and transparency. We live by our Code of Conduct and never accept shortcuts. We foster a work environment where everyone can speak their mind.
Be Better – Together
We always strive to be better in all we do. We are a learning organization and generously share our expertise. We take pride in quality and innovation. We build One Skanska teams together with customers, partners and communities. We leverage diversity to deliver the best solutions. We foster an inclusive culture where we are open and fair, showing trust and respect for each other.
Commit to Customers
We help our customers to be successful in their business. We strive to understand their needs and their customers’ needs. We are here to help our customers turn their visions into reality.
- Industry-leading total shareholder return
- Balanced value creation between Construction and Project Development
- Recognized as a preferred partner when it comes to creating solutions that meet customers' needs
- Living our values and recognized as a value-driven company building for a better society
- An injury-free and ethical environment
- The most attractive employer in our industry
- Cooperation within and between units and business streams as One Skanska in high-performing teams
- Improved operational efficiency
- Controlled growth in Construction in our Home markets
- Increase investments in Commercial Development, leverage Infrastructure Development business model and keep Residential Development stable in our Home Markets
- Focus on developing people and foster high performing teams
- Maintain a proactive approach and close collaboration resulting in long-term customer relationships
- Improve our performance and achieve a higher level of operational stability
- Continue to deliver on our Sustainability areas, Safety, Ethics, Green, Community Investment, and Diversity and Inclusion.
- Increase collaboration, mobility and knowledge sharing within and between our units