Last year in brief 2019
Skanska's last year in brief with key highlights from 2019.
Order bookings amounted to SEK 145.8 billion.
Order backlog amounted to SEK 185.4 billion, corresponding to 14 months of production.
Stronger focus on risk management, cost control and project execution, underlying profitability improved in Construction leading to a substantially improved operating margin reaching 2.4 percent for the year.
- Underlying operating margin for Residential Development remained at a solid 10 percent for 2019 as a result of strong execution and a well-diversified portfolio in various segments and geographies.
- In 2019, 3,407 homes were started and 3,853 were sold.
Commercial Property Development
- A new all-time high in divestment gains of SEK 4.4 billion from divesting 17 projects.
- The number of ongoing property projects was 42 at the end of the year, corresponding to an investment value upon completion of SEK 27.7 billion.
- 15 projects started across all geographies: in the Nordics, Europe and USA.