Last year in brief 2017
Skanska's last year in brief with key highlights from 2017.
Order bookings amounted to SEK 151.8 billion. The major contracts included:
– Farley Post Office in New York, USA
– George Washington Bridge in New York, USA
Order backlog amounted to SEK 188.4 billion, corresponding to 15 months of production.
The operating margin in the stream was 0.8 percent:
– Strong performance in the Nordics and USA Building
– Weak performance in Poland, the UK and in USA Civil.
Operating income was negatively affected by impairment charges of SEK 1.0 billion and project write-downs of SEK 1.5 billion.
Actions to restore profitability have been initiated and consist of restructuring of the Polish operations, exiting the power sector in USA, focusing on core business in the UK and continuing to adapt to tougher market conditions in the Czech Republic.
- Continued improved performance with an all-time high in operating income, SEK 1,716 M, and clearly met return targets.
- The number of homes sold and started totaled 4,285 and 4,318, respectively.
- BoKlok, the affordable homes business, continued to deliver great returns and represented almost half the homes Skanska sold in Sweden.
Commercial Property Development
- A new all-time high in divestment gains of SEK 3.5 billion from divesting 27 projects.
- The number of ongoing property projects was 46 at the end of the year, corresponding to an investment value upon completion of SEK 27.6 billion.
- 24 projects started across all geographies: in the Nordics, Europe and USA.
- Operating income totaled SEK 925 M.
- The investment in the A1 motorway project in Poland was divested for about SEK 1.4 billion.
- Net present value of the portfolio was SEK 3.0 billion.
- Focusing on the US market.