Last year in brief 2018
Skanska's last year in brief with key highlights from 2018.
Order bookings amounted to SEK 151.7 billion.
Order backlog amounted to SEK 192.0 billion, corresponding to 14 months of production.
The operating margin in the stream was 0.7 percent:
– Strong performance in the Nordic region, particular in Sweden and Finland and USA Building
– Underperforming units in Poland and USA.
Operating income was negatively affected by impairment charges and restructuring charges of SEK 0.8 billion in total, and project write-downs of SEK 2.0 billion.
Measures to improve profitability involved, among other things, restructuring and increasing focus on core business operations in Poland, the Czech Republic and the UK. In the USA, Skanska will no longer bid on power sector projects (EPC) and mega design-build public-private-partnerships (PPP).
- Maintained strong profitability during 2018 despite reduced volumes in a slow Swedish market.
- in 2018, 4,480 homes were started and 3,653 were sold, of which 623 rental apartments.
- Diversification across markets and segments allows shifting the portfolio mix and enables Skanska to pursue opportunities in current market environment.
Commercial Property Development
- A new all-time high in divestment gains of SEK 4.0 billion from divesting 19 projects.
- The number of ongoing property projects was 53 at the end of the year, corresponding to an investment value upon completion of SEK 33.8 billion.
- 28 projects started across all geographies: in the Nordics, Europe and USA.