Nine month report, January-September 2019
January-September 2019 compared to January-September 2018
Highlights according to segment reporting
- Revenue amounted to SEK 125.4 billion (120.8); adjusted for currency effects revenue decreased 1 percent.
- Operating income amounted to SEK 5.4 billion (2.4); adjusted for currency effects operating income increased 114 percent.
- Earnings per share increased 112 percent to SEK 10.75 (5.07).
- Operating cash flow from operations amounted to SEK –4.5 billion (–0.1), according to IFRS.
- Adjusted interest-bearing net receivables (+)/net debt (–) totaled SEK –3.9 billion (June 30, 2019: –2.8), according to IFRS.
- Operating income in Construction amounted to SEK 2.7 billion (0.2). The comparable period includes restructuring charges, project write-downs and goodwill impairment charges impacting negatively and claims resolutions and pension curtailments impacting positively. Total net impact of SEK –2.3 billion.
- Order bookings in Construction amounted to SEK 96.8 billion (102.6); adjusted for currency effects order bookings decreased 10 percent. The order backlog amounted to SEK 183.7 billion (June 30, 2019: 184.0).
- Operating income in Project Development amounted to SEK 2.8 billion (2.9); adjusted for currency effects operating income decreased 4 percent.
- Return on capital employed in Project Development was 10.6 percent (11.1).
- Return on equity was 21.6 percent (9.8).
This report will also be presented via a telephone conference and a webcast at 10:00 a.m. (CET) on November 7, 2019. The telephone conference will be webcasted live at www.skanska.com/investors, where a recording of the conference will also be available later. To participate in the telephone conference, please dial +46 8 566 426 51, or +44 333 300 0804, or +1 631 913 1422. PIN code 53855192#. This and previous releases can also be found at www.skanska.com/investors.