Year-end report, January–December 2019
Skanska year-end report, January-December 2019 (compared to January-December 2018)
Highlights according to segment reporting
- Revenue amounted to SEK 176.8 billion (170.5); adjusted for currency effects revenue decreased 1 percent.
- Operating income amounted to SEK 7.8 billion (4.8); adjusted for currency effects operating income increased 57 percent.
- Earnings per share increased 62 percent to SEK 15.46 (9.55).
- The Board of Directors propose a dividend of SEK 6.25 (6.00) per share.
- Operating cash flow from operations amounted to SEK 3.8 billion (7.4), according to IFRS.
- Adjusted interest-bearing net receivables (+)/net debt (–) totaled SEK 3.2 billion (September 30, 2019: –3.9), according to IFRS.
- Order bookings in Construction amounted to SEK 145.8 billion (151.7); adjusted for currency effects order bookings decreased 8 percent. The order backlog amounted to SEK 185.4 billion (September 30, 2019: 183.7).
- Operating income in Construction amounted to SEK 3.8 billion (1.1) and includes a SEK –0.4 billion goodwill impairment charge in the UK operations in the fourth quarter. The comparable period includes project write-downs and other non recurring items at a total net of SEK –2.3 billion.
- Operating income in Project Development amounted to SEK 4.5 billion (4.6); adjusted for currency effects operating income decreased 5 percent.
- Return on capital employed in Project Development was 10.3 percent (12.0).
- Return on equity was 21.4 percent (14.1).
This report will also be presented via a telephone conference and a webcast at 10:00 a.m. (CET) on February 7, 2020. The telephone conference will be webcasted live at www.skanska.com/investors, where a recording of the conference will also be available later. To participate in the telephone conference, please dial +46 8 566 426 51, or +44 333 300 0804, or +1 631 913 1422. PIN code 79556082#. This and previous releases can also be found at www.skanska.com/investors.