Six Month Report, January-June 2008
January-June 2008 compared to January-June 2007
- Revenue amounted to SEK 68.6 billion (64.0). In Construction, revenue rose by 15 percent adjusted for currency rate effects.
- Operating income for the Group amounted to SEK 2,424 M (2,198).
- Operating income in Construction decreased by 22 percent and amounted to SEK 1,405 M (1,807). Operating margin decreased to 2.1 (3.0) percent. During the report period, project writedowns in Skanska UK amounting to SEK 570 M were charged to earnings, of which SEK 235 M during the second quarter.
- In Residential Development, operating income totaled SEK 294 M (386), with an operating margin of 7.5 (10.0) percent.
- During the report period, Skanska divested commercial properties worth SEK 1,734 M (1,218) with a capital gain totaling SEK 583 M (479).
- Income after financial items amounted to SEK 2,687 M (2,299).
- Profit for the report period totaled SEK 1,962 M (1,634) and earnings per share amounted to SEK 4.66 (3.87).
- Operating cash flow before taxes, financing activities and dividends amounted to SEK -1,527 M (328).
- Order bookings decreased by 12 percent and amounted to SEK 68.5 billion (78.1). Adjusted for currency rate effects, order bookings decreased by 8 percent.
- Order backlog totaled SEK 145.0 billion (153.6), equivalent to 13 (15) months of construction.