Nine Month Report, January−September 2011
January-September 2011 compared to January−September 2010
- Revenue amounted to SEK 86.0 (89.0) billion.
- Revenue in Construction amounted to SEK 81,673 M (82,269), a decrease of 1 percent, but an increase of 7 percent adjusted for currency rate effects.
- Operating income for the Group amounted to SEK 7,754 M (4,070). Currency rate effects reduced income by SEK 231 M
- Operating income in Construction totaled SEK 2,680 M (3,100). Operating margin amounted to 3.3 (3.8) percent. Currency rate effects reduced income by SEK 220 M.
- Income after financial items amounted to SEK 7,770 M (4,054).
- Profit for the period totaled SEK 7,083 M (2,960).
- Earnings per share totaled SEK 17.20 (7.16) according to segment reporting and SEK 15.78 (6.69) according to IFRSs.
- Operating cash flow before taxes, financial activities and dividends amounted to SEK 1,440 M (1,703).
- Order bookings totaled SEK 82.6 (101.3) billion. The comparative period of 2010 included SEK 14.5 billion in order bookings for New Karolinska Solna. Order bookings increased compared to the two last quarters and amounted to SEK 34.1 (28.8) billion in the third quarter, an increase by 26 percent in local currencies compared to the third quarter of 2010.
- Order backlog amounted to SEK 147.5 (147.9) billion. This was equivalent to 15 (17) months of construction.
This report will also be presented at a press and telephone conference at 2:00 p.m. (14:00) CET on November 3 at Spårvagnshallarna, Birger Jarlsgatan 57A, Stockholm, Sweden.
The press and telephone conference will be webcast live at www.skanska.com/investors, where a video of the conference will be available later as well. To participate in the telephone conference, please dial +46 8 505 598 53, +44 203 043 2436, or +1 866 458 4087. This and previous releases can also be found at www.skanska.com/investors.
Skanska AB may be required to disclose the information provided herein pursuant to the Securities Market Act.