Nine Month Report, January - September 2008
January-September 2008 compared to January-September 2007
- Revenue amounted to SEK 104.6 billion (100.4). In Construction, revenue rose by 12 percent adjusted for currency rate effects.
- Operating income for the Group amounted to SEK 4,013 M (3,769).
- Operating income in Construction decreased by 12 percent and amounted to SEK 2,800 M (3,172). Operating margin decreased to 2.8 (3.4) percent.
- In Residential Development, operating income totaled SEK 353 M (509), with an operating margin of 6.7 (9.1) percent.
- During the report period, Skanska divested commercial properties worth SEK 2,604 M (1,903), with a capital gain totaling SEK 972 M (743).
- Income after financial items amounted to SEK 4,339 M (3,941).
- Profit for the report period totaled SEK 3,167 M (2,877), and earnings per share amounted to SEK 7.53 (6.83).
- Operating cash flow before taxes, financing activities and dividends amounted to SEK -1,283 M (828).
- Order bookings decreased by 8 percent and amounted to SEK 98.9 billion (107.7). Adjusted for currency rate effects, order bookings decreased by 6 percent.
- In the third quarter, order bookings totaled SEK 30.4 billion (29.6).
- Order backlog totaled SEK 148.1 billion (145.8), equivalent to 12 (14) months of construction.
- At the end of the period, interest-bearing net receivables amounted to SEK 6.9 billion. In addition, Skanska has an un-utilized long-term credit facility of SEK 7.3 billion.