Year-end report, January–December 2017
Skanska year-end report, January-December 2017 (compared to January-December 2016)
Highlights according to segment reporting
- Revenue increased 6 percent and amounted to SEK 160.8 billion (151.3), with no currency effects.
- Operating income decreased 33 percent and amounted to SEK 5.5 billion (8.2), with no currency effects.
- Earnings per share decreased 24 percent to SEK 12.01 (15.89).
- The Board of Directors propose a dividend of SEK 8.25 (8.25) per share.
- Operating cash flow from operations amounted to SEK 2.9 billion (–1.2), according to IFRS.
- Operating net financial assets totaled SEK 9.7 billion (September 30, 2017: 6.2), according to IFRS.
- Order bookings in Construction decreased 11 percent and amounted to SEK 151.8 billion (170.2); with no currency effects. The order backlog amounted to SEK 188.4 billion (September 30, 2017: 194.7).
- Operating income in Construction amounted to SEK 1.2 billion (3.5), corresponding to an operating margin of 0.8 percent (2.6); adjusted for currency effects operating income decreased 65 percent. Operating income was negatively affected by impairment charges of about SEK 1.0 billion and project write-downs of about SEK 1.5 billion.
- Operating income in Project Development (Residential, Commercial Property and Infrastructure Development) decreased 7 percent and amounted to SEK 5.4 billion (5.8); with no currency effects.
- Return on capital employed in Project Development was 14.5 percent (18.4).
- Net divestments in Project Development amounted to SEK 0.8 billion (0.8), according to IFRS.
This report will also be presented via a press conference and webcast at 10:00 a.m. (CET) on February 1, 2018. The press conference will be webcasted live at www.skanska.com/investors, where a recording of the conference will also be available later. To participate in the telephone conference, please dial +46 8 505 564 74, +44 2033 645 374, or +1 855 753 2230. This and previous releases can also be found at www.skanska.com/investors.