Nine month report, January-September 2018
January-September 2018 compared to January-September 2017
Highlights according to segment reporting
- Revenue amounted to SEK 120.8 billion (117.2); adjusted for currency effects revenue increased 1 percent.
- Operating income decreased 49 percent to SEK 2.4 billion (4.8); adjusted for currency effects operating income decreased 50 percent.
- Earnings per share decreased 52 percent to SEK 5.07 (10.58).
- Operating cash flow from operations amounted to SEK –0.1 billion (–1.2), according to IFRS.
- Operating net financial assets totaled SEK 7.3 billion (June 30, 2018: 6.5), according to IFRS.
- Order bookings in Construction decreased 13 percent to SEK 102.6 billion (118.6); adjusted for currency effects order bookings decreased 15 percent. The order backlog amounted to SEK 186.3 billion (June 30, 2018: 197.6).
- Operating income in Construction amounted to SEK 0.2 billion (1.4) and includes previously announced restructuring charges, project write-downs and goodwill impairment charges.
- Operating income in Project Development (Residential, Commercial Property and Infrastructure) decreased 29 percent to SEK 2.9 billion (4.1); adjusted for currency effects operating income decreased 31 percent.
- Return on capital employed in Project Development was 13.9 percent (16.3).
- Net investments in Project Development amounted to SEK –0.1 billion (–1.3), according to IFRS.
This report will also be presented via a telephone conference and a webcast at 10:00 a.m. (CET) on November 8, 2018. The telephone conference will be webcasted live at www.skanska.com/investors, where a recording of the conference will also be available later. To participate in the telephone conference, please dial +46 8 505 564 74, +44 203 364 5374, or +1 855 753 2230. This and previous releases can also be found at www.skanska.com/investors.