Skanska builds rental apartments in Helsinki, Finland, for EUR 68M, about SEK 690M
Skanska has signed a contract with Union Investment to build rental apartments in Helsinki, Finland. The contract is worth EUR 68M, about SEK 690M, which will be included in the Nordic order bookings for the fourth quarter 2021.
The 33-storey building encompasses 288 rental apartments, totaling approximately 18,400 square meters. The building will represent the highest energy efficiency class and include rooftop solar panels that will generate some of the electricity used by the property.
The construction is scheduled to begin in October 2021 and will be completed by the fourth quarter of 2024.
Skanska is one of the leading construction- and project development companies in the Nordics, with operations in building construction and civil engineering in Sweden, Norway and Finland, and developing residential- and commercial property projects in select home markets. The commercial development stream is also active in Denmark. Skanska had sales of about SEK 66 billion and about 14,800 employees in its Nordic operations during 2020.
Image: B&M Architects
- Press release 20211008 FI rental apartments
- Image 20211008 FI rental apartments - aerial - credit B_M Architects
- Image 20211008 FI rental apartments - facade - credit B_M Architects
- Image 20211008 FI rental apartments - living room - credit B_M Architects
- Image 20211008 FI rental apartments - plaza - credit B_M Architects