Highway maintenance and improvement for Bath and North East Somerset
This 10-year contract is a partnership between Bath and North East Somerset Council and Skanska to deliver highway maintenance and improvement works.
The contract maintains 680 miles of carriageway, 280 miles of footways and 500 structures.
- Surfacing and surface treatment works
- Drainage and gully maintenance
- Sign maintenance
- Grass and vegetation cutting
- Emergency response and winter service
- Gully cleansing and drainage jetting
- Inspection repairs
We also deliver major maintenance works. This has included:
- The design and construction of the Kelston Road slip stabilisation contract, where a length of the A431 was reconstructed.
- An arterial commuter route between Bristol and Bath that was closed following a land slip
- The £800,000 Durley Bridge rehabilitation scheme.