The main task of W-Z Route was to create quick and secure connection between East and West: connection of National Road S7 and A1 Motorway with the centre of Gdansk ( so called “warszawski” entry). Construction of the route on the National Road no 7 ( Zukowo-Gdansk-warszawa-Krakow-Chyzne- border of Poland) brings a good connection between the city and Ringroad of Tricity and eastern industrial areas. W-Z Route makes a better connection between Gdans Airport and the center of city.
Project in figures:
- Excavation – 200 000qubic meters
- Embankments – 160 000 qubic meters
- soil exchange – 33 000 qubic meters
- stormwater drainage- 13 130 meters of canals, 1 118 items of wells.
- Background surface under the structural layers: 130 000square meters
- Surface layers of stabilized soil: 120 000square meters
- Green areas: 140 000 square meters
- Road markings: 8 700 square meters of lines and signs
- 3 new intersections
- Road lighting: 440 items of street lamps
- Acoustic screen panels: 5 590meters