Skanska is an active participant in several international Sustainability initiatives. Amongst the most significant are the following:
World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
Skanska AB has been a member since the formation of World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) in 1995. The most recent involvement includes Science based target for Buildings.
United Nations Global Compact (UNGC)
Skanska has been a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact from 2001 and continues to support the UN Global Compacts Ten Principles as a Participant. The company Annual and Sustainability report 2019 constitutes Skanska’s Communication on Progress (COP) and shows how the-group has continued implement he Ten Principles during 2019.
The World Green Building Council (WorldGBC)
The World Green Building Council (WorldGBC) is a global not-for-profit organization working to transform the property industry towards sustainability through its members, and national Green Building Councils (GBCs). Skanska is a Partner of the European Network of GBCs. We are active in twelve national GBCs, with Skanska senior executives currently on the board of five of those GBCs.
Green Building Councils (GBCs)
We support national GBCs, which are part of the WorldGBC network, in our home markets. GBC members typically represent all built environment stakeholders within their country. Whilst their objectives may differ, the mission of all GBCs is to drive market transformation of the building industry through member consensus and cooperation.
Skanska supports the following GBCs
- United States Green Building Council (USGBC)
- United Kingdom Green Building Council (UKGBC)
- Danish Green Building Council (DkGBC)
- Finish Green Building Council (FiGBC)
- Norwegian Green Building Council (NGBC)
- Swedish Green Building Council (SGBC)
- Czech Green Building Council (CzGBC)
- Hungarian Green Building Council (HuGBC)
- Polish Green Building Council (PlGBC)
- Romanian Green Building Council (RoGBC)
- Slovak Green Building Council (SkGBC)