Sustainability awards & recognition
Skanska is assessed periodically by a number of socially responsible investment organizations and investor. Below are some of the most significant awards and recognition.
United Nation Global Compact
Skanska AB has been a participant of United Nation Global Compact since it was established in 2000. This commits Skanska implement universal sustainability principles and to take steps to support UN goals.
Skanska AB has been a FTSE4Good constituent since 2003. The FTSE4Good Index Series is designed to measure the performance of companies demonstrating strong Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) practices.
Skanska AB score A- and achieve Leadership level in CDP's 2017 climate change questionnaire. This excellent result indicates Skanska AB has implemented a range of actions to manage climate change, both in its own operations and beyond. Companies at Leadership level show evidence of at least one of the following: meaningful targets and emissions reduction activities and verified or assured emissions data. Skanska has participated in CDP's climate change investor program since 2007 and CDP's climate change supply chain program since 2008.
Skanska AB is consider leader in green building development and our rating is unchanged at 'AAA' in MSCI ESG Ratings report, updated in September 2017. MSCI ESG Ratings helps investors identify environmental, social and governance (ESG) risks and opportunities within their portfolio.
Other awards and recognition
- Skanska topped the 2017 Sustainable Brand Index, which ranks perceived performance with environmental and social sustainability among large business-to-business companies in the Nordics.
- For our on-going commitment to sustainability we retained AAA rating in our peer group in the MSCI Intangible Value Assessment (2014).
- Skanska won the 2013 FT ArcelorMittal Boldness in Business Awards in the corporate responsibility and environment category (2013).
- Swedbank rates Skanska “Good Example” for its Robur SRI Funds and acknowledges the MSCI ESG AAA rating (2013).
- In the Sustainability Risk Rating Analysis of Stockholm based GES Investment Services, Skanska outscored Construction & Engineering peers with 4.5 compared to a sector average 2.4 (2013).
- Skanska is a component of the STOXX® Global ESG Leaders indices (2012, 2013).
- Skanska is the only construction company included in the ”Forest Footprint Disclosure” report, a special project of the Global Canopy Foundation (2011).
- Skanska CEO and President, Johan Karlström, placed 32nd in the Top-100 list of the most environmentally powerful people in Sweden and the only representative from the construction sector (2011).
- Highest sector rating possible in Swiss bank Sarasin's sustainability assessment (2011).
- Swedish bank Nordea rates Skanska's sustainability credentials as Mature (A) with Positive (+) trend (2011).
- French sustainability rating agency Vigeo ranked Skanska 3rd of 16 stock market-listed European heavy construction companies (2011).
- Skanska has "Prime" status in the classification system of German sustainability research agency Oekom. This means that it ranks amongst the world's best companies in its industry. (2010, 2012).
- Ethix – 1st in sector, Nordic Six Star SRI study (2009).
- Sector #1 in Human Rights assessment by Swedish investor Folksam (2007).