We have the ability to influence United Nations' Global Goal 5, which is about achieving gender equality and empowering all women and girls. Discover how we contribute to this goal.
The UN Global Goal 5, Gender Equality, links to our sustainability focus area Diversity and Inclusion. We are engaged in several activities to help contribute to the goal gender equality.
Skanska's Diversity and Inclusion vision, strategy, change journey map and Business Unit action plans provide a framework for continuous progress with diversity and inclusion. Recruiting and developing women is an important focus area, along with reinforcing a fair and inclusive workplace culture. Results are tracked via employee statistics, and specific questions on the annual Group-wide employee engagement survey.
Examples of activities
- As of Skanska's Annual General Meeting held in 2019, three out of seven board members elected by the shareholders (excluding employee representatives) are women. Learn more about our Board of Directors
- Skanska is steadily increasing the number of women in senior positions. All Project Development Business Units and the Construction units in the Nordics and the UK have women in line positions on their management teams. View our Performance in Diversity and Inclusion
- Across Skanska, there is zero tolerance for any form of discrimination and harassment
- The importance of an inclusive and fair workplace is strongly emphasized in the Code of Conduct
- With Skanska Sweden, gender equality is an important aspect of the regional diversity and inclusion scorecard