Skanska is assessed periodically by a number of socially responsible investment organizations and investor. Below are some of the most significant awards and recognition.
Other awards and recognition
- Skanska topped the 2017 Sustainable Brand Index, which ranks perceived performance with environmental and social sustainability among large business-to-business companies in the Nordics.
- For our on-going commitment to sustainability we retained AAA rating in our peer group in the MSCI Intangible Value Assessment (2014).
- Skanska won the 2013 FT ArcelorMittal Boldness in Business Awards in the corporate responsibility and environment category (2013).
- Swedbank rates Skanska “Good Example” for its Robur SRI Funds and acknowledges the MSCI ESG AAA rating (2013).
- In the Sustainability Risk Rating Analysis of Stockholm based GES Investment Services, Skanska outscored Construction & Engineering peers with 4.5 compared to a sector average 2.4 (2013).
- Skanska is a component of the STOXX® Global ESG Leaders indices (2012, 2013).
- Skanska is the only construction company included in the ”Forest Footprint Disclosure” report, a special project of the Global Canopy Foundation (2011).
- Skanska CEO and President, Johan Karlström, placed 32nd in the Top-100 list of the most environmentally powerful people in Sweden and the only representative from the construction sector (2011).
- Highest sector rating possible in Swiss bank Sarasin's sustainability assessment (2011).
- Swedish bank Nordea rates Skanska's sustainability credentials as Mature (A) with Positive (+) trend (2011).
- French sustainability rating agency Vigeo ranked Skanska 3rd of 16 stock market-listed European heavy construction companies (2011).
- Skanska has "Prime" status in the classification system of German sustainability research agency Oekom. This means that it ranks amongst the world's best companies in its industry. (2010, 2012).
- Ethix – 1st in sector, Nordic Six Star SRI study (2009).
- Sector #1 in Human Rights assessment by Swedish investor Folksam (2007).